Metamorphosis




Metamorphosis

I was one half

Of a glass heart.
You were a hammer in
Disguise: a smile.

She was my other half,

But-- day by day--
She shifted.

She was the

Chisel
Pressed against
My weakest point.

Your smile

Slowly faded, and
You shattered me
Into pieces,
Taking one with each
Secret
We shared.

You dropped

Pieces of me as you
Walked down
The halls.

You didn't even notice.


I fought.


I searched for

Each piece.

It took a year

To find them all.

I scooped them up into

My hands,
Holding tightly to
Each piece.
I spent years
Leaving
A crimson trail
Everywhere
I went.

Then, I met him.

He broke
What was left
Of me.
Then-- sliver, glue,
Sliver, glue--
He became my mender;
He pulled me
Back together.

I let him keep

A piece of me
To thank him
For all he did.
Later,
It was stolen and
Destroyed,
But that's a story
For another time.

She morphed-- day by day--

Back into my
Duplicate.

Your form

Changed;
You became
Noise
In the background.

I began my

Encasement
In an
Unbreakable shell: confidence.

This time,

I was a flower. This time,
I wouldn't
Wilt.

Comments