The Venom of Your Love


The Venom of Your Love

It starts
At my lips and 
Flows through my
Bloodstream.

In through the
Vena cava, and through to the
Right atrium, it 
Invades
My heart.

The shock
Causes premature 
Atrial contraction: a skipped

Beat. It pushes
Itself
Though my tricuspid valve and
into my right ventricle.

It forces open my pulmonary
Valve, and carries
Itself into
My pulmonary arteries and into
My lungs. Its

Acid
Burns me when
I breathe.
I send it on its
Journey through the
Pulmonary veins.

Into my left atrium, through
My mitral valve, and 
Into my left
Ventricle, it 
Regretfully
Continues on its path.

Forcing open
My aortic valve, it 
Travels
Through my aorta
To infect the rest
Of my body.

It flows
Through my limbs and
Reaches

The tips of my 
Fingers and toes
In little 
Bursts
Of electricity.

It burns its way
Into my brain, sending
Signals [serotonin and dopamine]
Through the
Rest of me (these reach the tips
Of my fingers and
Toes as well). 

At the end of its
Exhausted journey, your love
Comes
Back to

Stop

My 

Heart. 

Comments