rapid months

rapid months 

the soft snorts that come
from a pig's nose
pressed against
my own

the shutter
of a camera
capturing
the scene before me--
if only it could
capture
the smell of the lilacs it views

the sun shines

a walk along the
creek; along 
the edge of
the reservoir

"leave the grill on for us"

light bursts into
the lens;
adjust your settings and try
again

cast your line
water rushes across
your toes

float.

a walk through 
the grass surrounded
by the snorts
of little pig snouts

water runs

a bush full of
flowers 
-along the creek
-in front of my
house
-reaching up by the
living room window

ducks and geese
chattering-- click of a camera

a walk along
the edge of
the river

sunshine

we pile into a vehicle
it's her birthday, 
let's float
time to eat
a twisting hill: nausea (I forgot again)
sheep bleat

laughter on the river 

fire crackles before
me, its warmth
encompasses me
a fuzzy blanket

yellow flowers

tiny fish tickle
my toes
squish the mud beneath them

sunlight

a floral breeze
leaves dripping from our little forest
sit and
watch life go by 

Comments